The match was held for the full team of Kiwisa Dallin Watene-Zelezak for the treatment of eye damage, soon after coming into contact with the ground in southern Sydney.
The incident, which took place 20 minutes from the end of 20-14 victory in England, Judge Gerard Sutton remained impunity and Watene-Zelezniak eliminated the clash in the interviews after the race.
However, on Monday, the Rugby Football League announced that New Zealand had indicated the matter and that Burgess was on a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday night.
In a statement, he said: "The Rugby Football League Review Panel, for the series, found that the incident was a Class D Damage Class, which is contrary to the real spirit of the game."
Scoring D usually takes three to five matches, making Burgess's site on the third-Sunday test site on Elland Street in danger.
The ban on more than one match would have been transferred to the NRL 2019 season.
The case will be heard by a three-member committee, including one representative from England and New Zealand.
Burgess has warned England about a two-year absence for the opening autumn international match against France and has also played in both matches against Kiwis so far.
English coach Wayne Bennett said that although the series would return to the game, he should not have changed for the third test, although he would have to find a replacement for Daryl Clark after he broke the rib on Anfield.