LEGNANO / MAGENTA – The usual campaign for vaccination against influenza 2018 also began in ASST Ovest Milanese (hospitals and clinics in Legnano, Magenta, Cuggiono / Castano and Abbiategrasso). Find the dates and categories below for the programming (for programming). Recall that vaccination is important, especially for the most deprived categories.
Even if there is less news, do not forget to die from the flu (apparently because of the complications that the disease brings with this to immunodepressants). The statistics speak about the hundreds of deaths in our country and almost 600 cases that required admission in the last year (Https: / / www.corriere.it/salute/malattie_infettive/18_febbraio_16/influenza-oltre-cento-morti-italia-13b97cde-132b-11e8-bbf7-75f50a916419.shtml).
Worse still, if we look at a global framework in which other elements appear, such as the very low coverage of vaccination in some third world countries: Here you get even 650,000 deaths annually (Http://www.quotidianosanita.it/scienza-e-farmaci/articolo.php?articolo_id=57035)
2018 ASST OMI INFLATION PROGRAMMING
List of categories for which seasonal vaccination is recommended and offered active and free
People with high risk of complications or hospitalization due to influenza:
• Women who are at the beginning of the epidemic during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
• Objects from 6 months to 65 years with diseases that increase the risk of influenza complications:
a) chronic respiratory diseases (including severe asthma, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, cystic fibrosis and chronic bronchopathy-COPD);
b) cardiovascular diseases, including congenital and acquired cardiopathy;
c) diabetes mellitus and other metabolic diseases (including fat BMI> 30);
d) chronic renal / adrenal insufficiency;
e) diseases of the hemopoietic organs and hemoglobinopathies;
g) congenital or acquired diseases leading to impaired antibody production, immunosuppression caused by drugs or HIV;
h) chronic inflammatory diseases and bowel malabsorption syndromes;
(i) pathologies for which significant surgical procedures are planned;
j) diseases associated with a higher risk of respiratory aspiration (eg neuromuscular disease);
k) chronic hepatopathy.
• Persons aged 65 or over.
• Children and adolescents receiving long-term treatment with acetylsalicylic acid who are at risk for Reye's syndrome in case of influenza.
• Individuals of all age groups admitted to long-term care.
Persons who can transmit the infection to high risk individuals:
• Doctors and medical staff in facilities that transmit their flu to those who are at risk from complications of influenza.
• Family members and contacts (adults and children) of people at high risk of complications (irrespective of whether the subject of the risk has been vaccinated or not).
Entities involved in public services of primary public interest and category of workers:
• Police forces
• Fire brigade
• Other socially useful categories could benefit from vaccination on grounds related to the performance of their work; in this regard, the Faculty of Regions / PP.AA. define the principles and modes of supply for these categories.
• Lastly, there is an active and free offer of vaccination against influenza vaccinations by employers who are particularly exposed to work carried out and with the aim of adversely affecting productivity, internationally widespread.
Personnel who, for working reasons, are in contact with animals that could be the source of influenza virus infection,
• Workers in the transport of live animals
• slaughterhouses and vaccinations
• Public veterinarians and sole proprietors
• Blood donors