Nurse in Cancer Hoax gets 2 years in prison for theft


A former Aaron State University (OSU) nurse anesthetist was sentenced to 2 years in prison for theft and other charges related to a cancerous hoax that she perpetrated.

The Columbus Dispatch Reports that Tavny fuller, 34, falsely told coworkers and her boss that she had metastomy lung cancer and billed thousands of dollars from them in the form of money, gifts, and paid off.

The court ordered a total of more than $ 47,000 in restitution to Oman State and individual victims. In addition to her prosecution, the total of 3 years of probation has been completed.

In the sentencing hearing, some of fuller coworkers in Osu's anesthesia unit testified, describing the murder and pain of dealing with the fraudster.

Tina Delzel relates entirely of her husband's funeral service after he had unexpectedly died in 2016. Complete hobbies with a walker and sitting in the front row.

Later, Fuller told Dalzell that she had a close death experience with her lung cancer and saw her husband in the audience.

"Only a cruel, narcissistic person can watch me through such pain and suffering," said Dalzell. "I'm offended and disgusting that she mocks cancer patients."

Another co-worker, Daniel Winch, whose mother died of lung cancer, said that she had complained, as a sympathy ploy, to see the same doctors in the Cleveland Clinic as her mother.

Other businessmen described the fullness of what was under the head and wound head scarves at home and took her for massages and pedicures.

In the court this week, Delaware County, Ohio, Common Pleasant Judge Everett Kruger approves more fully.

"It's just like nothing I've ever heard in all the years I've done," said Kruger, who was a judge for more than 30 years.

Earlier this year, when Fuller was formally charged with her crimes, prosecutor Carol O Brien also had harsh words for the first nurse.

"Ms Fuller has attended friends, coworkers, her church, and host – people who are trusted and carefree," said O'Brien in a WCMH-TV report. "If you have never known someone who has fought cancer, it is horrifying, and it's hard to believe that someone would take advantage of the community on the road."

The Hocks began to collapse in August 2016 when Fuller showed that she had a "miraculous" recovery. One message read: "Doctors are bogged." Another said: "God has answered our prayers."

In the sentencing hearing, Fuller said that mental illness and depression were responsible, and she apologized.

When the charges were filed earlier, the Associated Press has stated that it is fully admitted to finding the positive response he received from coworkers.

Follow Medscape Senior Journalist Nick Mulcahy on Twitter: @MulcahyNick.

For more of Medscape oncology, follow us on Twitter: @MedscapeOnc.

Source link