& Quot; It shouldn't have happened & quot; Baby allegedly striped to death by teething necklace – National



[ad_1]

Danielle Morin did not last twice about letting her 18-month-old son, Dick, using the beaded tide necklace she was given as a gift.

She assumed that the accessory meant to help reduce her baby's teething pain, was safe for babies. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

In October 2016, Dick was set for a nap in the daycare when the necklace allegedly tightened around his neck and constructed his breathing.

The child was rushed to hospital, but he did not survive.

Read more: Mom left devastated after toddler dies choking on bouncy ball

Now, Morin filed a lawsuit against Etsy, the retail website that sells the teething necklace. She argues that Etsy is legally responsible for Deacon's death.

"I want parents to know there is no better way for us … People need to go online to buy products … and these products are not always safe," Morin said in an interview with Yahoo.

"A parent should not be murdered by a father. No father should bring their child."

In response, Etsy released a statement that said: "While we understand the desire to take action, Etsy is a platform and didn't make or even sell the item. , If appropriate, the necklace seller ".

Unfortunately, deacon's death has been completely avoided.

In the view of Dr. Dan Flanders, the pediatric kid's founder, Pediatrics, should not have the teething necklace in the first place.

"One extremely precious death is one too many. It should not have happened."

In Flanders, there are two things that necklaces could put babies in danger.

"One, it can cause strangulation," he said. "The other is that … The necklace could break and then [the child] Could put the little beads into their mouths – they could be a choking hazard. "

Dr. Catherine Cox, a resident of the Dalhousie University section of family medicine, agrees.

She recently conducted a case study on a baby who suffered from non-fatal child strangulation caused by a teething necklace.

While there are no deaths reported by the Tieto necklaces in Canada, there are some cases of non-fatal strangulation. This may cause oxygen deprivation to a baby's brain and result in serious health consequences.

Despite the risk, manufacturers continue to sell their products – and parents continue to buy them.

Read more: Parents, who live near children are just as dangerous as smoking: learning

"The distribution of the products that have been warned has actually increased in the past five years," Coke said. "So people use more of these products, despite the dangers."

According to Coke, manufacturers will try to offer these varieties by making erroneous claims about different safety features.

"Many manufacturers perfectly counter the intuitive risk of strangulation or aspiration by saying that it's a package between every bead that reduces the likelihood of [them] Beautiful, "she said.

"They will also claim the necklace" An embrace break that will break under tension … so the risk of strangulation is minimized, but there's actually no validity to support that, "Cox said.

"Health Canada has actually issued some warnings around the products in the past."

WATCH BELOW: Keep your kids safe in the car





The rise of things in Canada's necklace sales is special because babies can't even need Things to do at all.

According to Flanders, doctors cannot confirm if babies feel pain in teething.

"For some babies, teeth come in and it's like nothing is wrong – there's no irritability, no nothing," flanners said.

"Then the other child's teeth come in and they seem really irritable and upset, but we never really attribute it to teething."

Accessories like teething necklaces are supposed to help humiliate the pain caused by new teeth penetrating a baby's rubber. The baby is meant to chew beads as a means of relieving stress.

However, in terms of a cost-benefit analysis, flangers are very little to this method.

"Putting the necklaces on babies is a risk and no benefit."

"I don't think thinging necklaces do anything to help teething pain, which is the case of the case," said Flanners.

READ MORE: Are your baby's first finger foods & # 39; Sure? Some may be a choking risk: study

If you believe your baby is suffering from teething pain, there are other options you should explore.

Flanders recommends doctor-approved teething rings or even pads from a parent's finger.

"Sometimes it is better if they chew on a soft tissue," Flanners said. "Sometimes, chewing on cold objects can give them relief."

Because of this, flanners suggest placing a tee ring in the fridge – not the freezer.

WATCH BELOW: Alarms raised Amazon's smart kids speaker over information not reportedly being deleted





"We recommend against frozen items because those can cause low temperature burns, like frostbite," he said.

If your child is a prolonged discomfort, an adrenal gland recommends a dose of Tylenol or Adult.

If that doesn't work, consult your family doctor.

"If the baby is really irritable and upset, and you can't really get it under control – and you know it's a new year's behavior (in other words, it hasn't been in months and months) then something's fine False, "said Flanners.

"It's always the right answer to seek help from a medical doctor."

[email protected]

© 2019 Global News, a part of Korus Entertainment Inc.

[ad_2]
Source link